Top Ten Books I’ve Read in 2013
10. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg ♥ This book was so interesting to me because I’m really focusing on improving my habits. It defines the habit loop and teaches you how to change your habits with examples from business and society.
9. 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love by Rachel Aaron ♥ This is a great craft book that focuses on increasing your daily word count. It really helped me finish my novel on time.
8. Crazy Love by Francis Chan ♥ This book is so daring, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it at first. But in the end it’s a good read and gives you much to think about.
7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver ♥ This book has such a great premise: love is a disease and people need to be cured. It sets up great conflict and romance and it’s just a great read.
6. Insurgent by Veronica Roth ♥ I read Divergent last year and loved it. Well, Insurgent is even better! The tension is so high in this book that you quickly become hooked and can’t put it down.
5. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years ♥ It’s official. I’ve loved all three Donald Miller books I’ve read and want to read the rest of his work. This one has such a great concept, living the best story possible.
4. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen ♥ This is not my typical genre, but it was a very refreshing read. It spiked my interest in both magical realism and chick lit.
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ♥ My friends have been raving about this book for a while now and I was finally able to check out the audiobook. So, so good. There are so many quotes that I love.
2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ♥ I had the pleasure of hearing Tahereh speak at a panel at Barnes and Noble and picked up the book afterward. I love, love, love it! Her style is so vivid and unique.
1. A Million Suns by Beth Revis ♥ I love this book so much. It’s the sequel to Across the Universe but it’s even better than the first. I just loved the imagery of space… I genuinely felt like I was in space with Elder and it was at the same time majestic and terrifying.